Noise at Work Training Course
Noise at Work (occupational noise), is one of the biggest causes of hearing loss and tinnitus in workers. Therefore knowing how to complete a noise risk assessment, measure noise levels, provide noise control solutions and appropriate hearing protection is vital.
Find out how to measure noise and make sense of the Noise at Work Regulations in our One-day Noise at Work Training Course.
Early Bird bookings must be made before 23 December 2019.
Who should attend this course and why
This one-day noise awareness course, aimed at people responsible for health and safety in their organisations, will help you address the following questions:
- Do we have a noise at work problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the Noise at Work Regulations (EU Noise Directive)
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and legal limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
Noise at Work Training course dates and venues
- Wednesday 18 March 2020, National Railway Museum, York
- Tuesday 9 June 2020, Science Museum, Birmingham
- Wednesday 16 September 2020, National Railway Museum, York
- + More dates to follow throughout the UK.
Course Tutor: Pulsar Instruments Noise at work expert. We provide refreshments and a buffet lunch, comprehensive written reference materials and loan of noise measurement instruments such as a Pulsar sound level meter or personal noise dosimeter for the practical session in the afternoon. At the end of the day, delegates receive a Noise Awareness Training completion certificate.
- Basic Noise Theory: What is sound?
- Noise Units and Terminology
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations (and the EU Physical Agents (Noise) Directive)
- Understanding company obligations and the Noise Action Values & Limits
- Noise Control Basics
- Recording information & reporting noise measurements
- Noise control basics
- Choosing the correct hearing PPE and requirements for health surveillance
- BS4142 updated industry-standard overview
- How to measure noise using sound level meters & dosemeters
How to record and analyse your noise measurements and produce compliant reports
How to book
- Book and pay online now or contact us for additional information: Tel: 01723 518011
- You can also complete the Noise Course Booking Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
The price includes: refreshments, lunch, course binder and certificate of completion.
Course duration and logistics
- Arrive 9am for 9.20am start
- Finish approximately 3.30pm (Extended one-to-one sessions can be arranged with the trainer for those with specific issues)
- We politely request that attendees email us to inform us of any dietary or access requirements at least 2 weeks before the start of the course so we can accommodate specific requirements.
- Information on overnight accommodation provided on request.
Terms and conditions
Payment must be received in full before your chosen course date.
*Early Bird bookings made before 23 December 2019 must be paid in full at time of booking. Bookings after this date will be charged at our normal rate of £265+vat per person.
Refund Policy up to 14 days:
All bookings must be prepaid, and payment must be received 14 days before the date of the course. Bookings cancelled more than 14 days before the course will be refunded less a 25% administration charge. After this period, any cancellation will render the fee payable unless the delegate(s) can nominate a substitute or transfer to an alternative date is possible (at our discretion). To transfer your place to another person in your organisation you must contact us directly at email@example.com or phone us on 01723 518 011 at least 24 hours before your original booked course date. Any cancellation must be in writing and received by Pulsar Instruments Plc. A VAT receipt will be supplied on receipt of payment.
Please contact us for more information on our in-company delivered courses.
The practical part of the course gives delegates a clear revision of noise terminology and the use of Sound Level Meters and Personal Noise Dosemeters.
Delegates can take a variety of measurements with their own sound level meters or those loaned by Pulsar Instruments on the day.
Existing Pulsar customers can attend a further session on that day where they will be given detailed guidance on the correct use of their own instrumentation and how to interpret the results using the Pulsar noise reporting software.
Our One Day Noise at Work Training Course (now in its 12th year) focuses on key facts and gives delegates from any background an understanding of the issues relating to the legislation, measurement and control of noise in their workplace. This course is suitable for Health and Safety people new to noise assessments and as a ‘refresher’ for customers who may not have used their noise measuring equipment for some time.
"I now have a greater knowledge of the usage of the noise measurement instruments and also of the Regulations". M Gilligan
"Very useful course. I have gained a lot of information on Noise at Work regulations". A Blackwell
"A great overview of the Noise Regulations and practical solutions for monitoring noise. A Superber day. Thank you". M Wilson
K Lynch - EHS Leader
Very good update and the opportunity to clarify noise assessment requirements. (Delegate on the York Noise Awareness Course in September 2015).
R Mohan - Technical Director
Excellent course delivered by a very knowledgeable tutor. The course gave a really good understanding of workplace noise awareness - excellent course content.
E Sinclair - HSE Manager
Attended the course at the National Space Centre in June 2015. Very straighforward and to the point. Good value for money! Today has made me review the way I am going to conduct my noise assessments. Advice was given on where to find more information and how to use my noise meter.
K Buglass - H&S officer
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank your instructor Mr. Graham Ellicott for the professional and friendy manner in which he presented the course. I am sure all of the delegates including myself fully understood the course contents and its importance.
I very much appreciate your assistance.
(One day Noise Course - National Space Centre June 2018)
Winston Mason, Hugh Steeper Ltd, HSE & Facilities Officer
"Plenty of information. Stuck to the theme - no waffle and very well presented."
Barry Shackleton, Hollingsworth & Vose, Engineering Manager
"Excellent and informative course. Well presented by knowledgeable staff."
Andrew Williams, Right for Success Trust, H&S Manager
"Practical and informative - can be used in real life workplace."
Chris Orr, Isotank Depot Services, Training & Safety Coordinator
"Brilliant Course. Interesting and informative"
Chris Royl, Ceramtec, Facilities Manager
"Great course and no push to purchase products!"
Bob Mackley, Habasit (UK) Ltd, H&S, Process Improvement Coordinator
"Great refresher for basic noise knowledge. Really good supplementary material to view after course."
Daniel Johnson, J R Rix & Sons Ltd, Health & Safety Advisor