Who should attend this course and why
This one-day noise awareness course, aimed at people responsible for health and safety in their organisations, will help you address the following questions:
- Do we have a noise at work problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the Noise at Work Regulations (EU Noise Directive)
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and legal limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
Noise at Work Training course dates and venues
- Thursday 27 May, York (The Principle Hotel, York) - Finished
- Tuesday 15 June, Birmingham (Science museum) - Finished
- Tuesday 16 November, Edinburgh (Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue)
Course Tutor: Pulsar Instruments Noise at work expert. We provide refreshments and a buffet lunch, comprehensive written reference materials, and a loan of noise measurement instruments such as a Pulsar sound level meter or personal noise dosimeter for the practical session in the afternoon. At the end of the day, delegates receive a Noise Awareness Training completion certificate.
- Basic Noise Theory: What is sound?
- Noise Units and Terminology
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations (and the EU Physical Agents (Noise) Directive)
- Understanding company obligations and the Noise Action Values & Limits
- Noise Control Basics
- Choosing the correct hearing PPE and requirements for health surveillance
- BS4142 updated industry-standard overview
How to book
- Book and pay online now or contact us for additional information: Tel: 01723 339715
The price includes: refreshments, lunch, course texts and a certificate of completion.
Course duration and logistics
- Arrive 9am for 9.20am start
- Finish approximately 3.30pm (Extended one-to-one sessions can be arranged with the trainer for those with specific issues)
- We politely request that attendees email us to inform us of any dietary or access requirements at least 2 weeks before the start of the course so we can accommodate specific requirements.
- Information on overnight accommodation provided on request.
Terms and conditions
Payment must be received in full before your chosen course date.
Refund Policy up to 7 days:
All bookings must be prepaid, and payment must be received 14 days before the date of the course. Bookings cancelled more than 7 days before the course will be refunded in full. After this period, any cancellation will render the fee payable unless the delegate(s) can nominate a substitute or transfer to an alternative date is possible (at our discretion). To transfer your place to another person in your organisation you must contact us directly at email@example.com or phone us on 01723 518 011 at least 24 hours before your original booked course date. Any cancellation must be in writing and received by Pulsar Instruments Plc. A VAT receipt will be supplied on receipt of payment.
Please contact us for more information on our in-company delivered courses.
The practical part of the course gives delegates a clear revision of noise terminology and the use of Sound Level Meters and Personal Noise Dosemeters.
Delegates can take a variety of measurements with their own sound level meters or those loaned by Pulsar Instruments on the day.
Existing Pulsar customers can attend a further session on that day where they will be given detailed guidance on the correct use of their own instrumentation and how to interpret the results using the Pulsar noise reporting software.
Our One Day Noise at Work Training Course focuses on key facts and gives delegates from any background an understanding of the issues relating to the legislation, measurement and control of noise in their workplace. This course is suitable for Health and Safety people new to noise assessments and as a ‘refresher’ for customers who may not have used their noise measuring equipment for some time.
Don’t take our word for it! Read the reviews of our past noise awareness training courses’ delegates.