Noise and vibration consultancy
Pulsar Instruments is pleased to offer noise and vibration consultancy services in conjunction with our qualified specialists and consultants.
Our consultants carry out noise assessments for companies who think they have noise at work issues. Our reports provide a programme of action that details precisely what constitutes “best practice” to meet all the requirements of the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 in your specific circumstances.
We provide practical and cost-effective advice designed for business managers and health and safety professionals, enabling them to carry out noise remediation and manage risks to their employees.
Our Noise at Work Assessments include:
- Broadband noise measurements and where appropriate octave band measurements
- Personal noise exposure measurements (dosimetry)
- Provision of a report that includes the following:
- All noise measurements – colour coding is used to identify people whose hearing is at risk
- Where appropriate lists of the relevant types of suitable hearing protection
- A discussion by plant area with regard to all noise problems
- Appendices containing all of the detailed information and measurements
- Recommendations where relevant regarding the
- Reduction of noise levels at source
- Reduction of noise exposure to employees by changing work patterns
- Use of appropriate types of hearing protection and signage
We can also provide ‘noise maps’ of your premises, detailed calculations, and in addition, we also offer Noise Awareness Training.
Vibration Risk Assessment consultancy
Our consultants work with companies providing best-practice guidance so that they can meet their responsibilities in protecting their employees under the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005.
The effects of vibration can impact the human body in several ways: Hand Arm Vibration and Whole Body Vibration can occur when workers are overexposed to vibration from power tools, machinery and vehicles. It can cause painful and permanent damage such as vibration white finger and carpal tunnel syndrome. Find out more about the effects of hand-arm vibration.
We provide a pragmatic approach to HAV risk management with the aim of separating the myths from the facts, and in doing so, to help reduce the costs and resources associated with meeting the regulatory and moral responsibilities. We can come to your sites and test each of your tools for you, categorise their vibration risk and report back with recommendations for reducing the HAVS risk to your workers.
We can also offer customised in-house HAVS training courses on request.
How can we help you?
Speak to our friendly team to find out more about our noise and vibration consultancy services. Phone 01723 518011 or contact us online. If you are not sure what products or services you need please note we also offer noise and vibration meters for short and long term rental.
You might also like our Blogs