Are your employees exposed to excessive noise?27th Sep 2018
How do you know if you have a noise at work problem?
Hearing loss caused by exposure to noise at work continues to be a significant occupational disease. As an employer, it’s your legal requirement to ensure you comply with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 and the Health & Safety Executive. But how do you know if you have a noise at work problem?
According to the HSE some 17,000 people in the UK currently suffer Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL), tinnitus or other preventable ear conditions as a result of exposure to excessive noise at work, and many more are at risk of occupational deafness in the future.
Use the Pulsar Nova Range of Sound Meters
To tackle this issue, noise at work experts Pulsar Instruments, has developed its Pulsar Nova range of sound meters to help Health and Safety Practitioners quickly and easily identify noise problems and take control to prevent employee hearing loss.
The Nova range consists of six powerful sound meters. Their functionality covers everything from entry level noise measurement through to high performance noise monitoring, however they all combine advanced noise measurement technology with ease of use and durability. Additional features can also be added to tailor the sound meter to any task required.
Every model in the range is supplied with Pulsar’s AnalyzerPlus software package as standard, which together with the data logging feature (an additional feature on some models), allows users to download their measurement data onto a computer for analysis and to create a variety of HSE compliant reports.
Suitable for all Health and Safety Practitioners, the Nova’s are:
- Simple to use;
- Available as either a Class 1 or Class 2 model;
- Faster. Intuitive design and simultaneous measurement of all key noise measurement parameters;
- Stronger. Made with a durable metal case so it is hard-wearing;
- Compliant. Meets IEC 61672-1:2013 and the needs of Noise at Work regulations;
- Longer. 30-hour battery life;
- Available as a measurement kit including acoustic calibrator and hard case
- Ideal for Noise at Work, Industrial Hygiene, Construction and Entertainment noise measurement.
Find out more about all the Pulsar Nova range and other sound meters in our noise shop.
Trade in offers
Trade in offers "New for Old" on your existing sound meter are available, please contact us for more information.