Noise Awareness Training Course
Occupational noise, or noise at work, is one of the biggest causes of hearing loss and tinnitus in workers today. There is no cure for this “noise-induced hearing loss” but it is preventable by making sure that employers address workplace noise hazards and supply appropriate protection when needed.
Carrying out noise risk assessments and measuring noise levels is therefore a vital function for every Health and Safety Officer. If you’re not sure how to go about this then this one day noise awareness course is for you.
This one day noise awareness course, aimed at people responsible for health and safety in their organisations, will help you address the following questions:
- Do we have a noise at work problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the ‘Controlling Noise in the Workplace’ regulations?
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and legal limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
Noise awareness course dates and venues
- Wednesday 7 March 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Finished
- Wednesday 25 April 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Finished
- Wednesday 13 June 2018 – National Space Centre, Leicester – Finished
- Wednesday 19 Sept. 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Places available Book Now
Course Tutor: experience acoustician and Member of the Institute of Acoustics. We provide refreshments and a buffet lunch, comprehensive written reference materials and loan of noise measurement instruments such as a Pulsar sound level meter or personal noise dosemeter for the practical session in the afternoon. At the end of the day, delegates receive a Noise Awareness Training completion certificate.
- Noise Awareness Training Course Agenda
- Basic Noise Theory: What is sound?
- Noise Units and Terminology
- The EU Physical Agents (Noise) Directive
- BS4142 updated industry standard overview
- Noise Control Basics
- How to measure Noise using Sound Level Meters & Noise Dosemeters
- Recording information & reporting noise measurements
- Practical session
How to book
Book now or contact us for additional information on our Noise Awareness training course:
- Tel: 01723 518011
- Complete the booking form below and Email it to email@example.com or Book online at through Eventbrite
- Cost: £265.00 + VAT – Arrive 9.00am for 9.20am start (price includes: refreshments, lunch, course binder and certificate of completion)
- Finish 3.30pm with extended one-to-one sessions with the trainer for those interested.
- Information on overnight accommodation provided on request.
New – Book through Eventbrite
Delegates can take a variety of measurements with their own sound level meters or those loaned by Pulsar Instruments on the day.
Existing Pulsar customers can attend a further session on that day where they will be given detailed guidance on the correct use of their own instrumentation and how to interpret the results using the Pulsar noise reporting software.
Our One Day Noise Awareness Course (now in its 11th year) focuses on key facts and gives delegates from any background an understanding of the issues relating to the legislation, measurement and control of noise in their workplace. This course is suitable for Health and Safety people new to noise assessments and as a ‘refresher’ for customers who may not have used their noise measuring equipment for some time.
Don’t take our word for it! Read the reviews of our past noise awareness training courses’ delegates.
"I now have a greater knowledge of the usage of the noise measurement instruments and also of the Regulations". M Gilligan
"Very useful course. I have gained a lot of information on Noise at Work regulations". A Blackwell
"A great overview of the Noise Regulations and practical solutions for monitoring noise. A Superber day. Thank you". M Wilson
K Lynch - EHS Leader
Very good update and the opportunity to clarify noise assessment requirements. (Delegate on the York Noise Awareness Course in September 2015).
R Mohan - Technical Director
Excellent course delivered by a very knowledgeable tutor. The course gave a really good understanding of workplace noise awareness - excellent course content.
E Sinclair - HSE Manager
Attended the course at the National Space Centre in June 2015. Very straighforward and to the point. Good value for money! Today has made me review the way I am going to conduct my noise assessments. Advice was given on where to find more information and how to use my noise meter.
K Buglass - H&S officer
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank your instructor Mr. Graham Ellicott for the professional and friendy manner in which he presented the course. I am sure all of the delegates including myself fully understood the course contents and its importance.
I very much appreciate your assistance.
(One day Noise Course - National Space Centre June 2018)