Assessor 81A & 82A Noise Exposure Meters
This simple noise exposure meter is exactly what you need - no more, no less.
It's the ideal instrument if you are looking for a Sound Level Meter for occupational and industrial noise that can estimate noise exposure over a longer period.
When using the Assessor Models 81A or 82A for making a measurement for industrial noise it couldn't be easier; simply switch the unit on and the instrument starts measuring. To complete the measurement, press the ‘Stop’ button and everything needed for your assessment is displayed on one screen.
The ‘A’ weighted Leq or average noise level is displayed along with the ‘C’ weighted Peak value, which is used for the assessment of impulsive noise sources. Please refer to our Acoustic Glossary for information on these terms.
The Model 81A & 82A integrating sound level meter can be supplied as non-data logging if manual reporting is your preferred method. For those preferring the benefits of computer technology, the instruments can be supplied with the exceptional ‘Assessor Extra’ upgrade, giving the instrument the ability to store measurements and transform data into informative, professional reports.
Noise Exposure Meter
These models also features a display of the estimated exposure duration. This feature estimates the noise exposure that would be achieved if the measurement was made over a longer period of time displayed in terms of LEX,8. For example, if the noise from an operation was measured for 2 minutes and the LAeq value is 92.6dB(A), the instrument will calculate the LEX,8 value based on different exposure durations.
Features of the Noise Exposure Meter
- With the Models 81A (Class 1) and 82A (Class 2), taking accurate industrial noise measurements has never been easier
- Just four buttons, each with just one labelled function, make using the Assessor as simple as possible.
- Just switch on the Model 82A and it starts measuring the parameters you need immediately including estimated noise exposure
- The ‘A’ weighted Leq or average noise level is displayed with very large digits so it can be clearly seen
- The risk from impulsive noise sources can be assessed using the ‘C’ weighted Peak value which is displayed on the right-hand side of the screen
- Software upgrade option available
- Non-Data logging option available.
The Assessor range focuses on one main task, that is compliance with International Industrial Noise Directives and the control and measurement of Workplace Noise. This mindset has produced an extremely effective noise measurement tool for the busy Health & Safety Professional, Industrial Hygienist, Consultant, Manager, Supervisor, Technician or Engineer.
- Noise at work
- Industrial hygiene
- Quick spot checks
The ‘Analyser’ sound analysis software package is optional with the Models 81A & 82A instruments. The units are supplied as non datalogging with the option of upgrading at a later date. Alternatively the two models can be supplied with the upgrade already fitted.
This exceptional sound analysis software Pulsar Analyser package enables users to download quickly noise measurements to their computer and transform them into informative and professional reports.
The Pulsar Analyser software also has a special database of hearing protectors that allows the user, at the click of a button, to have all calculations done for you automatically. A selection of hearing protection is listed and a report can be compiled.
This software is compatible with Windows 9x/Me/2000/NT/XP and Vista.
Pulsar Assessor noise exposure meter Model 81A or Model 82A comes supplied with the following sound measuring equipment:
- 24 month warranty
- operating manual
- certificate of calibration
The instrument can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement kit, containing all that is required to carry out a noise survey.
Each Model 81AK (Class 1) or 82AK (Class 2) noise measurement kit contains:
- Model 81A or 82A Sound Level Meter
- Model 105 (Class 1) or Model 106 (Class 2) Acoustic Calibrator
- WS90 Wind-shield
- K2 Hard Attaché Case
- Wrist Strap
- Calibration Certificate for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator
- ‘Analyser’ download, analysis and reporting software and USB download cable (with upgrade versions only).
Learn more about acoustic terms by visiting our glossary section.