Like the standard Pulsar SafeEar, the SafeEarWP - Weatherproof Noise-Activated Warning Sign is a highly visible noise warning sign. This model has been designed especially for use outdoors or indoors in environments where water or liquid spray may be present. Such environments might include places where regular cleaning takes place such as hospitals, food processing units, or leisure centres and spas.
The sign uses high-intensity white LED technology for maximum visual impact and lights up at a pre-set trigger level to warn when noise levels are too high. The trigger level can easily be adjusted by removing the small panel at the back. It can be set anywhere between 40 dB(A) and 114 dB(A), so it is equally suitable for noisy or quiet environments.
For Noisy Environments
A key application for the signs is in areas of high noise to warn workers when they need to put their hearing protection on and when it is safe to remove it. Rated as IP65, the signs are perfect for use in areas such as construction sites, outside maintenance areas, or anywhere exposed to rainfall or high moisture levels.
When Quiet is Required
Not only can they be used to warn workers and visitors when hearing protection needs to be worn, but they can also be used outside entertainment venues, night clubs and public houses to help reduce the risk of noise complaints by alerting people leaving the premises of high noise levels. Other such uses might include inside hospitals where high levels of cleaning occur, or in areas where low-noise levels are preferred like Spa areas.
Easy to install
Installation is simple.
- Select the noise trigger level on rear of the unit anywhere from 40dB(A) for quiet environments or our recommended 80dB(A) for noisy environments (the SafeEar will be pre-set at this level when it leaves us).
- Select how long you would like the message illuminated for after the noise levels have returned to safety. We recommend setting it at 30 seconds to make sure the noise hazard has gone and to avoid confusion of when it's safe to remove hearing PPE.
- Select the brightness on the rear of the unit. We recommend the maximum brightness and this is pre-set by us for your convenience, but you may need to adjust it for outside environments.
- Connect the 12v power supply to the unit.
- Mount the SafeEar sign easily on the wall using the two screws provided. It is lightweight and suitable for mounting onto brick, wood or plaster surfaces.
A template for mounting and further operating instructions are available on the SafeEar datasheet available in the Downloads section on this page.
- Lights up when a preset noise level is reached or exceeded
- Unit rated to IP65* with weatherproof power chord (rated IP67)** - UK standard sealed mains plug only
- Integral high accuracy microphone
- Adjustable high intensity white LED lights
- Adjustable noise trigger level from 40 dB(A) to 114 dB(A)
- Available in four standard designs (others available on request)
- Hearing Protection Must Be Worn
- Warning High Noise Levels
- Caution High Sound Levels
- SHHH! Quiet Zone
- Available in four languages as standard - English, French, German and Spanish (others available on request)
- To alert people to high noise levels and the need to wear hearing protection
- Use in outside maintenance areas, building exteriors, or on constructions sites
- Use in environments when water or spray may be present and an IP65 rating is required (e.g. leisure centres and spas)
- In areas where high levels of cleaning occurs such as food preparation and hospitals
- To warn people to keep noise levels down as they leave public houses and entertainment venues to keep neighbourhood noise levels down.
*IP65 rating: Totally dust tight. Full protection against dust and other particulates, including a vacuum seal, tested against continuous airflow. Protection against low-pressure jets (6.3 mm) of directed water from any angle (limited ingress permitted with no harmful effects).
**IP67 rating: Protection against full immersion for up to 30 minutes at depths between 15 cm and 1 metre (limited ingress permitted with no harmful effects).
Please refer to the Pulsar SafeEar Datasheet in the 'Downloads' tab for information on installation and how to change the noise trigger levels and brightness.
- UK PSU (IP67 rated) Mains Power Supply with standard UK sealed plug only.
- For other power alternatives contact us
- 300mm diameter, and 50mm deep.
- Application: Noise-activated warning sign
- Trigger level 40dB(A) to 114 dB(A)
- Suitable for both quiet & noisy environments
- Class 2 Microphone PM112
- Frequency weighting 'A' to IEC 61672-1:2002
- Time Weighting Slow to IEC 61672-1:2002
- Visual indication high-intensity white LED with four standard designs
- User-selectable brightness level
- Display delay time none or 30 seconds.
- Dimensions: 12" (30cm) diameter, 2" (5cm) depth
- Weight: 1.3lbs (0.6kg)
- Mounting 2 x keyhole mounting slots.
1. Choose Pulsar SafeEarWP Design:
The Pulsar SafeEarWP units are available with a selection of standard designs which are listed below.
- SafeEarMA/WP with "Hearing Protection Must Be Worn"
- SafeEarMB/WP with "Warning High Noise Levels"
- SafeEarMC/WP with "Caution High Sound Levels"
- SafeEarMD/WP with "SHHH! Quiet Zone"
2. Choose Preferred Power Source
- PUL200WP Power Supply Unit (IP67) - UK plug only
- PUL200 Mains Power Supply with 5m cable having waterproof connector into SafeEar unit.
- PUL301 12v Battery, PUL303 Charger Unit with PUL302WP cable.
3. Choose Optional Accessories
- PU204\2WP Blue Xenon Beacon with 1.5m cable
- SafeEar Remote Display Units with PUL207WP 10m inter-connection cable to Master Unit:
- SafeEarRA/WP with "Hearing Protection Must Be Worn"
- SafeEarRB/WP with "Warning High Noise Levels"
- SafeEarRC/WP with "Caution High Sound Levels"
- SafeEarRD/WP with "SHHH! Quiet Zone"