Vacancy: Ecommerce Executive2nd mar 2021
Are you a few years into your e-commerce career and feel you could do better if only you were in control of all the decisions and had the freedom to try your ideas out?
Do you feel you have more skills than are being utilised currently?
Want the opportunity to be at the start of an e-commerce journey in a B2B instrumentation business with big plans for the future?
Then this could be the role for you.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Ecommerce Executive to have ownership of the day-to-day B2B ecommerce activities within the Group. This challenging role will have a mixture of responsibilities that will involve overseeing the trading of two brands online against a backdrop of broader digital duties. Having the commercial acumen needed to grow sales online as well as knowledge of analytics and SEO is a must as is previous success in online retail environment.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful applicant will work closely with the marketing team to identify new and innovative ways to drive traffic that converts to the brands websites as well as developing and improving traffic from existing channels.
- growing online sales of instrumentation
- the management, maintenance and promotion of the ecommerce websites in desktop and mobile environments
- the smooth running of the ecommerce websites including delivery of accessibility and search compatibility
- effective UX strategy from data-driven ideation, execution, reporting and analysis.
- management of product inventory on the websites
- ensuring functionality of the ecommerce sites meets best practice in delivering an excellent customer experience
- delivering both content and campaigns for the associated product ranges in line with a pre-determined strategy
- SEO strategy and execution, including keyword research and on-page recommendations
- providing ongoing recommendations to deliver on key metrics through continuous website testing and user experience improvements
- monitoring leads end-to-end from lead capture on the website through to becoming a customer
- reporting on website performance including traffic, ranking, traffic to lead, traffic to customer.
You will need to demonstrate that you are:
- Commercially astute
- Have a great attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional in your demeanour
- Can be flexible with your approach to a task
- Able to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in marketing or a related discipline
- At least two years’ B2B ecommerce experience or experience in another online retail environment
- A strong commercial mindset and customer first approach
- Highly organised and methodical with ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Deep knowledge of using Google Analytics to maximise ecommerce performance
- Experience using broader digital off-shoots such as SEO and PPC and other digital marketing techniques to help drive trading performance.
- Knowledge of WooCommerce platform and WordPress
- Excellent data and analytics skills, with confidence in the use of Excel to manipulate data into meaningful insight
- Understanding of Hot Jar, HubSpot, MailChimp and SEMrush is advantageous
- Experience of managing listings on Amazon.
The position is full-time and will be based at offices near Scarborough, North Yorkshire. To apply please send your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com.
Please direct any questions regarding the role to the Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering a competitive salary which will be dependent upon experience.
Closing date 12 noon Monday 15 March 2021.
No agencies please.