Most workers using power tools will be subjected to the affects of noise on their hearing as well as hand arm vibration, that's why we're offering a 10% discount when you buy our popular Pulsar Nova model 44 Class 2 sound level meter together with our hand arm vibration meter - the Pulsar vB - as a Vibration at work professional safety kit.
About the Pulsar vB
The Pulsar vB Hand Arm Vibration Meter is the only meter you need to take hand arm vibration measurements of power tools and start protecting your workers from Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome and your business from costly compensation claims.
The Pulsar vB is:
- Very easy to use
- Takes all the essential measurements, and
- Allows for effortless reporting for vibration risk assessments
About the Pulsar Nova
The Pulsar Nova Model 43 (Class 1) or Model 44 (Class 2) sound level meters are part of the Pulsar Nova range of high-performance Sound Level Meters that successfully combine advanced technology noise measurement with ease of use, practical applications and durability. They are ideal for Noise at Work, Industrial Hygiene, Construction and Entertainment noise measurement.
Pulsar Nova Sound Level Meter Datasheet 2017.pdf
Features of the Pulsar vB - Hand Arm Vibration Meter:
- Tri-axial vibration meter
- Fully compliant with ISO 8041 : 2005
- Large dynamic range
- Re-chargeable battery pack and charger
- Large 'Flash' memory
- Rugged accelerometer, and impact resistant body and cable
- Large colour display
- Only 3 operational buttons for simple use
Features of the Pulsar Nova (Model 43 & 44) Sound Level Meters
- IEC 61672-1:2013 compliant sound level meters (Complies with IEC 61672-1:2013, IEC 60651:2001, IEC 60804:2000, IEC 61252:1993).
- OLED display can be seen in all conditions
- Calibration prompt for compliant, accurate measurements
- Simultaneous measurement of all key noise parameters
- Add features now or later so that your meter always suits your budget and needs
- 20dB(A) to 140dB(A) dynamic measurement range
- Soft Touch Keypad. Ergonomic design to ensure easy navigation of menu.
- Leq, Peak and C-A for the HML method of hearing protection calculation
- Pause & back erase function
- 20dB(A) to 140dB(A) & 143dB(C) dynamic measurement range
- Colour coding for measurement status.
- Data Logging. Transforms measurement data into compliant noise measurement reports within 2 clicks of a mouse.
Workers are at risk of noise-induced hearing loss and hand arm vibration syndrome if they regularly use hand-held or hand-guided power tools and machines such as:
- Concrete breakers, concrete pokers;
- Sanders, grinders, disc cutters;
- Hammer drills;
- Chipping hammers;
- Chainsaws, brush cutters, hedge trimmers,
- Powered mowers;
- Scabblers or needle guns.
They are particularly at risk if they regularly operate:
- hammer action tools for more than about 15 minutes per day; or
- some rotary and other action tools for more than about one hour per day.
Pulsar vB Plus Lite software (Vibration) and Analyzer Plus software (noise) provided as standard.
The Pulsar vB Lite software can be upgraded to the full Pulsar vB Plus software which offers additional reporting and staff exposure-risk tracking applications.