Noise Training Course
One-Day Noise Awareness Training Courses for H&S Practitioners and Employers
Book Your Noise at Work Training Courses today
Occupational noise, is one of the biggest causes of hearing loss and tinnitus in workers today. There is no cure for this “noise-induced hearing loss” but it is preventable by making sure that employers address workplace noise hazards and supply appropriate protection when needed. If you’re not sure how to go about this then this one-day noise awareness course is for you.
The course, based at people responsible for health and safety in their organisations, will help you address the following questions:
- Do we have a noise at work problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the ‘Controlling Noise in the Workplace’ Regulations 2005?
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and exposure limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
Noise awareness course dates and venues
- Wednesday 13 March 2019 – National Railway Museum, York - FINISHED
- Tuesday 11 June 2019 – Science Museum, Birmingham
- Wednesday 18 Sept. 2019 – National Railway Museum, York
Course Tutor: Pulsar's key Noise at Work Expert, Simon Rehill (Member of the Institute of Acoustics).
We provide refreshments and a buffet lunch, comprehensive written reference materials and loan of noise measurement instruments such as a Pulsar sound level meter or personal noise dosemeter for the practical session in the afternoon. At the end of the day, delegates receive a Noise Awareness Training completion certificate.
Noise Measurement Training Course Agenda
- Basic Noise Theory: What is sound?
- Noise Units and Terminology
- The EU Physical Agents (Noise at Work) Directive
- BS4142 updated industry standard overview
- Noise Level and Noise Control Basics
- Recording information & reporting noise measurements
- Practical session in acoustic measurements:
- How to measure noise using Sound Level Meters & Noise Dosemeters
- How to use software for reporting and analysing your measurements
The practical part of the course gives delegates a clear revision of noise terminology and the use of Sound Level Meters and Personal Noise Dosemeters and how to use software to analyse their results and produce reports.
Delegates can take a variety of measurements with their own sound level meters or those loaned by Pulsar Instruments on the day.
Existing Pulsar customers can attend a further session on that day where they will be given detailed guidance on the correct use of their own instrumentation and how to interpret the results using the Pulsar noise reporting software.
Our One Day Noise Awareness Course (now in its 11th year) focuses on key facts and gives delegates from any background an understanding of the issues relating to the legislation, measurement and control of noise in their workplace. This course is suitable for Health and Safety people new to noise assessments and as a ‘refresher’ for customers who may not have used their noise measuring equipment for some time.
Don’t take our word for it! Read the testimonials of our past noise awareness training course delegates.
Book online now or contact us for additional information on our Noise Awareness training course:
- Tel: 01723 518011
- You can also complete the booking form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: £265.00 + VAT – Arrive 9.00am for a 9.20am start (price includes: refreshments, lunch, course binder and certificate of completion)
- Finish approximately 3.30pm with extended one-to-one sessions with the trainer available for those interested.
- Information on overnight accommodation provided on request.
Terms and conditions
Payment must be received in full before your chosen course date.
*Early Bird bookings made before 21 December 2018 must be paid in full at time of booking. Bookings after this date will be charged at our normal rate of £265+vat per person.
Refund Policy 7 days: Attendees can receive refunds up to 7 days before the event start date.
You may transfer your place to another person in your organisation, or to an alternative date. To do this you must contact us directly at email@example.com or phone us on: 01723 518 011 before the course date.
Please contact us to find out about our in-company delivered courses. If you think you might need more in-depth help and support with noise measurement read about the noise consultancy services we offer.