Nova: nothing ‘average’ about this sound level meter
Fast, easy to operate with reliability designed in.
Advanced integrating sound level meterNova is the latest range of advanced integrating sound level meters designed specifically for safety professionals by Pulsar Instruments, expert manufacturer and global retailer of noise measurement equipment since 1969. This handheld integrating sound level meter is available as a Class 1 or Class 2 instrument and is the perfect tool for conducting on the spot or more complex noise assessments in a range of work environments. All parameters specified in noise regulations are displayed in 3 seconds on a large high-resolution OLED colour screen, a major improvement on previous technology. A bar graph shows real-time fluctuations in sound pressure level. Depending on the model chosen, you will be able to read the different frequency weightings such as: the RMS and peak level (Peak) for (A, C and Z) including the C-A function which uses the HML calculation method for the selection of hearing protection.
Buy the basic model or add to it to make it into a more advanced unitThis range of integrating sound level meters is versatile and can be customised or upgraded with different functionalities to meet with your workplace and budget requirements at the time of purchase. This include the option of recording data, measure the TWA/dose, record field audio notes or the ability to carry out frequency analysis (1:1) and statistical values. You tell us what you need and we set it up for you. You will be surprised at how easy to use this meter is and we don’t say that to blow our own trumpet! Read here what some of our latest customers think of its performance and how it helped them. Just press the START button and this sound level meter will measure, stop and automatically save the noise data. The meter comes with its own reporting software, Pulsar AnalyzerPlus which can be used to process and analyse all data quickly and efficiently and publish clear reports. The Nova integrating sound level meter is simply the best choice for noise measurement as part of your work or progression towards The Control of Noise at Work (2005) compliance.
Ideal tool for use in the following work applications
- Control of noise levels in the workplace (machinery, engines, vehicles, personal risk exposure, etc.)
- Measurements of noise levels (fire alarms, machines, etc.)
- Measurement of environmental noise (activity and neighbourhood)
- Noise complaint management
Main characteristics and compliance
- Measurement range of 20dB(A) to 140dB(A) and 143dB(C)
- Meets IEC 1672-1:2002, IEC 60651:2001, IEC 60804:2000, IEC 61252:1993 and ANSI S1.4 -1983 (R2006), ANSI S1.43 - 1997 (R2007) ANSI S1.25:1991 - 1:1 Octave Band Filters to IEC 61260 & ANSI S1.11-20
- Simultaneous measurements of time (F,S,I) and frequency weightings: RMS & Peak: A, C and Z (unweighted)
- All functionalities available in different languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian and French
Pulsar Nova: it has its advantages
- Very easy to use
- Intuitive operation (keyboard and interactive navigation menus)
- Latest digital technology
- High performance and precision
- Solid ergonomic design and compact
- Speed and time-saving interventions in noise measurement
- Supported by a 7 year warranty only available from Pulsar Instruments