This intrinsically safe noise dosimeter system accurately assesses and captures the true noise exposure of employees working in potentially hazardous or explosive environments. Each badge in the intrinsically safe acoustic dosimeter system is coated with gold to make it inert, and each component has been verified to meet the IS standards required in certifications such as ATEX. IS dosimeters are ideal for use in the following industries where extra precautions must be taken: Mining, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industry and premises where fine powders are present.
- Each IS dosimeter is a self-contained unit that has no cables, displays or controls, making it the ideal solution for noise dosimetry, as the units cannot be easily manipulated or damaged during measurements.
- The separate reading unit communicates with the dosimeters and controls programming, calibration, start-stop, data logging, downloading and storage of measurements.
- All key measurement parameters can be viewed on the Reader’s large backlit LCD display.
- The reader also contains an integrated noise calibrator allowing the dosimeter to be calibrated before and after each noise measurement in accordance with international regulations.
- The dosimeter automatically calculates the daily exposure for European legislation or the time-weighted average for American legislation.
- Comprehensive ‘time history’ information allows you to determine when major noise issues are occurring during a worker’s day.
- The IS dosimeter collects all essential data to comply with workplace noise regulations at the push of a button, including LAeq, LEP,d, % Dose and TWA.
- Frequency weightings include “A” weighting (range 70 dB(A) to 130 dB(A)). The additional “C” frequency-weighted peak time history allows you to fully assess impulsive noise hazards in the workplace.
- Our exceptional licence-free software package, AnalyzerPlus, enables rapid data analysis and production of H&S compliant reports at the push of a button.
Intrinsically Safe Certifications
|Certification body||Group I non-mining applications||Group II mining applications|
|ATEX||CE Ex II 1G||CE Ex I M1|
|IECEx||IECEx BAS 06.0084
Ex ia IIC T4 (-20ºC< = Ta< = +60°C)
|IECEx BAS 06.0083X
Ex ia I (-20ºC< = Ta< = +60°C)
|EEx||EEx to IIC T4 (-20ºC <= Ta <= +60 ° C)||EEx to I (-20ºC <= Ta <= +60 ° C)|
|FM||IS / I / 1 / ABCD / T4 Ta< = 60ºC; Type IP54
I / 0 / AEx ia / IIC / T4 Ta< = 60ºC; Type IP54
Find out about the European directive on ATEX equipment .