Nova 45 Class 1 High Performance Decibel Meter
The Premium Class 1 Sound Level Meter in the Pulsar Nova range - the Nova Model 45 with PTB approval. Showing simultaneous measurement of all parameters on a high-resolution colour OLED display. Ideal for noise at work, environmental noise, and entertainment noise. Comes complete with every feature from the Nova range including Data Logging, Audio Recording, Timers, Real time 1:1 octave band filters for selecting hearing protection, and more.
Occupational noise measurement at its best
The Pulsar Model 45 Class 1 sound level meter is an extremely accurate, reliable, ‘handheld’ precision instrument that is especially suited to Noise at Work and Occupational & Industrial Hygiene, and Environmental applications. They can also be used for entertainment noise and for measuring machinery and vehicle noise. Simplicity of use combined with the outstanding Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ reporting software (supplied as standard) allows you to effectively measure noise, store your measurements in the large internal memory and then effortlessly transform your measurements into final report formats.
In December 2017, Pulsar Nova Model 45 was awarded regulatory type approval from the prestigious Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in Germany.
The Pulsar Nova range of high performance sound level meters successfully combines the latest technology in noise measurement methods with ease of use and durability. The Model 45 is an ideal instrument for precision occupational noise measurement to ensure compliance with International Occupational Noise or Industrial Hygiene Noise Directives to be used as part of a company Health and Safety strategy. This model includes real time 1:1 Octave band filters for the prescription of correct levels of hearing protection.
- Model 45 Class 1 SPL A, C, Z (simultaneous measurement) frequency weighting F, S & I (simultaneous measurement) Time weighting
The Nova Range consists of six powerful sound level meters. These differ from other sound level meters, as they offer you the unique opportunity to add features either immediately or at a later date so that your sound level meter will always be suitable for your requirements. Compare the different Pulsar Nova Models within the range.
Watch the video to find out more about Pulsar Nova
- All of the features of the Pulsar Nova Class 1 Noise at work meter (Model 43) and more. Every feature listed below comes as standard:
- AnalyzerPlus data-logging software
- Manual audio record
- Audio Note
- Repeat Timer
- Single Timer
- Ln Values
- Real Time 1:1 Octave Band filter Analysis 31.5Hz to 16kHz
- Compliant with IEC 61672-1:2013
- PTB type approved
- Calibration certificate included as standard
Typical areas of applications include:
- Noise at work
- Occupational & industrial hygiene
- Environmental noise measurement
- Boundary noise measurement
- Manufacturing (machinery noise testing and maintenance)
- Vehicle noise testing
- Entertainment noise measurement
Pulsar Nova ‘AnalyzerPlus’ sound level meter software package is supplied as standard with the Model 45. The instrument stores data in it's large memory and the software allows the user to download their measurement data onto a PC or laptop for analysis and to create a variety of reports. This software features a hearing defenders' tab for PPE equipment specification using octave band measurements including a large database of hearing protection equipment and reporting functions. Octave band analysis is the most detailed and accurate of the three methods commonly used to prescribe hearing protection by the HSE and, in particular, when measuring tonal noise.
Pulsar Nova Accessories
The Model 45 high performance decibel meter is supplied with:
- 1 year warranty (extendable up to 7 years*)
- User manual
- Certificate of calibration
- 6 X AA Batteries
- Wrist strap
- AnalyzerPlus sound level meter analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable
- *To qualify for the 7 year warranty, you will to send your Pulsar Nova sound level meter back to us annually for recalibration and service where upon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months for up to 7 years.
The Pulsar Nova sound level meters can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement kit, containing all that is required to carry out a noise survey. In addition, an outdoor noise measurement kit is available to purchased as an option to perform outdoor measurements for mid to long-term periods.
Each Class 1 Model 45K noise measurement kit contains:
- Model 45 Nova Sound Level Meter
- Model 105 (Class 1) Acoustic Calibrator
- WS90 Windshield
- K4 Hard Kit Case
- Wrist Strap
- 6 X AA batteries
- Calibration Certificates for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator, User manual
- Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ download, analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable
The Pulsar Nova range of sound level meters can be supplied with a number of input and output cables. Contact us for further information.