Noise Dosemeter System
Personal noise dosimetry at its best with the Pulsar Noise Dosemeter system
- Self-contained noise measurement device and decibel reader
- No cables, displays or controls
- Compact, robust and lightweight
- Easy to use
- Accurately and simply assesses and captures the true noise exposure of workers
- Occupational noise at work and industrial hygiene noise measurements
- The perfect solution for personal noise measurement for people on the move, shift workers, lone workers and people working in remote areas.
Simply and accurately assess and capture noise levels and the true noise exposure of workers using the Pulsar Noise Dosemeter System. The HSE recommends that employers should obtain a reliable estimate of employees' exposures, and compare the exposure with the exposure action values and limit values. This system is just the device to do this.
The revolutionary dosemeter is a self-contained noise measurement device, also known as PSEM (Personal Sound Exposure Meter), that has no cables, displays or controls, making it the perfect solution for noise dosimetry, because units cannot be tampered with easily or damaged during measurements.
A Decibel Reader unit communicates with the dosemeters using similar technology to a television remote control and controls the programming, calibration, start-stopping, downloading and storing of measurements. All key measurement parameters can be viewed on its large clear backlit screen, which also displays a time history graph of worker's daily noise exposure.
The Reader contains an integral acoustic calibrator allowing the dosemeter to be calibrated prior to and following each noise measurement in accordance with international regulations. Worldwide occupational and industrial noise regulations often require the typical daily exposure of an individual worker to be determined. The dosemeter automatically achieves this by computing the Daily Exposure for European legislation or the Time Weighted Average for US-based legislation.
Our effective, user-friendly software package, AnalyzerPlus, allows users to quickly analyse and transform the raw data into informative report formats, simplifying a potentially complex and time-consuming process.
Full ‘Time History’ information allows you to determine when key noise problems occur during a worker's day. All the data essential to meet compliance with occupational noise regulations is obtained at the touch of a button and include: LAeq, LEP,d, % Dose and TWA. The additional ‘C’ weighted peak Time History allows you to fully assess risks from impulsive noise in the workplace.
- Compact, extremely robust and lightweight
- Portable, accurate and easy to use
- No cables or controls, reducing the risk of damage, misuse or tampering.
- Everything you need for compliance with occupational noise regulations supplied in one user-friendly package
- Ideal system for compliant assessment of workers’ industrial noise exposures
- Unique size and shape, innovative functional design
- Programmable for compliance with most worldwide regulations
- ‘Shake-to-wake’ function to extend battery life and operating time.
- Ergonomic Decibel Reader Unit with Integral Acoustic Calibrator
- Infra-red communication between Reader Unit and doseBadges
- Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery
- Outstanding Analysis & Reporting software supplied as standard
- Intrinsically safe dosemeter available on special request.
- Ideal for lone workers, shift workers or those operating in several locations
- Suitable where people are working with moving machinery, or in difficult to reach areas
Typical industries where a personal noise dosemeter is used include:
Manufacturing, Construction, Utilities (Gas, Water & Electricity), Local Authority & Government, Shipping, Entertainment & Leisure, Education & Higher Learning, Highway Maintenance, Haulage & Transport, Rail, Agriculture, Aviation, Public Transport, Emergency Services (Hospitals, Fire, Police), Chemical, Open Cast Mining, Printing and Catering.
The dosemeter is supplied as standard with our easy to use AnalyzerPlus program. To assist new users, a step by step wizard reassuringly guides you throughout the set-up and download procedures and allows measurement data to be viewed, analysed and printed.
Pre-formatted report templates are provided to present your measurement data. These reports can be printed or exported into a number of formats including Word, Excel and PDF.
The fact that AnalyzerPlus have no licensing restrictions means the user is able to install the software onto multiple computers and laptops eliminating hidden costs and optimising user flexibility.
Each dosemeter noise measurement system, is supplied with everything required to conduct a fully compliant noise survey.
Contained in each system is the:
- Model 22 noise badge(s) & leather mounting kit(s)
- Model 22-R Reader unit with integral acoustic calibrator
- CHR20-*D Charger unit for 2, 5 or 10 dose badges
- K3 Hard Attaché Case
- Power supply
- AnalyzerPlus download, analysis and reporting software
- USB download cable
- Calibration certificates
- User manual
- 2-year warranty
- WS22 protective windshields to protect against dust, moisture and noise generated by 'spurious' events
- RK1 Key-fob remote control
- Helmet mounts
- Model 22 noise badge: 45gms (1.6oz)
- Model 22-R Reader: 400gms (14oz)
Why not combine the Pulsar Noise Dosemeter system with a Sound Level Meter and Acoustic Calibrator?
The hard kit case supplied for your dosemeter system has space for 5 individual noise dosemeters along with all of the standard accessories.
Please note, the dosemeter system kit allows enough space for any combination of our Sound Level Meters such as a Pulsar Nova or Quantifier for example, an Acoustic Calibrator and a windshield. This allows the dosemeter kit to be transformed and adapted into a Safety Professional kit to provide you with a complete noise monitoring solution.
Visit our Acoustic Glossary section here for more information and definition of the most common terms used in acoustics.
To request a quotation or find out more contact us.