Personal noise dosimeter
Personal noise dosimetry at its best with the Pulsar Noise Dosimeter system: ideal for occupational noise at work and industrial hygiene noise measurements. The revolutionary personal noise dosimeter is a self-contained noise measurement device which accurately and simply assesses and captures the true noise exposure of workers.
This robust instrument has no cables, displays or controls, making it the perfect solution for personal noise measurement for people on the move, shift workers, lone workers and people working in remote areas.
The Pulsar Noise Dosimeter system simply and accurately assesses and captures the true noise exposure of workers.
The revolutionary personal noise dosimeter is a self-contained noise measurement device, also known as PSEM, that has no cables, displays or controls, making it the perfect solution for noise dosimetry, because units cannot be tampered with easily or damaged during measurements.
Pulsar Noise Dosimeter Reader Unit communicates with an infra-red Reader Unit – similar technology to a television remote control. The Reader Unit controls the noise dosimeter for programming, calibration, start-stopping, downloading and storing measurements.
All key measurement parameters can be viewed on the large clear backlit screen of the Reader Unit, which also displays a time history graph of worker's daily noise exposure.
The Reader Unit contains an integral acoustic calibrator allowing the noise doseBadge to be calibrated prior to and following each measurement in accordance with international regulations. Worldwide occupational and industrial noise regulations often require the typical daily exposure of an individual worker to be determined. The Pulsar Noise Dosimeter automatically achieves this by computing the Daily Exposure for European legislation or the Time Weighted Average for US based legislation.
Personal noise dosimetry measurements are only the beginning. Our effective, user-friendly software packages dBLink3 and AnalyzerPlus allows users to quickly analyse and transform the raw data into informative report formats, simplifying a potentially complex and time consuming process.
Full ‘Time History’ information allows you to determine when key noise problems occur during a worker's day. All the data essential to meet compliance with occupational noise regulations is obtained at the touch of a button and include: LAeq, LEP,d, % Dose and TWA. The additional ‘C’ weighted peak Time History allows you to fully assess risks from impulsive noise in the workplace.
- Compact, extremely robust and lightweight
- Portable, accurate and easy to use
- No cables or controls, reducing the risk of damage, misuse or tampering.
- Everything you need for compliance with occupational noise regulations supplied in one user-friendly package
- Ideal system for compliant assessment of workers’ industrial noise exposures
- Unique size and shape, innovative functional design
- Programmable for compliance with most worldwide regulations
- ‘Shake-to-wake’ function to extend battery life and operating time.
- Ergonomic Reader Unit with Integral Acoustic Calibrator
- Infra-red communication between Reader Unit and doseBadges
- Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery
- Outstanding Analysis & Reporting software supplied as standard.
- Ideal for lone workers, shift workers or those operating in several locations
- Suitable where people are working with moving machinery, or in difficult to reach areas
Typical industries where the doseBadge is used include:
Manufacturing, Construction, Utilities (Gas, Water & Electricity), Local Authority & Government, Shipping, Entertainment & Leisure, Education & Higher Learning, Highway Maintenance, Haulage & Transport, Rail, Agriculture, Aviation, Public Transport, Emergency Services (Hospitals, Fire, Police), Chemical, Open Cast Mining, Printing and Catering.
Pulsar Noise Dosemeter Software
The Pulsar Noise Dosimeter is supplied as standard with the valuable dBLink3 software or our easy to use AnalyzerPlus program. To assist new users, a step by step wizard reassuringly guides you throughout the set-up and download procedures, and allows measurement data to be viewed, analysed and printed.
Three pre-formatted report templates are provided to present your measurement data. These reports can be printed or exported into a number of formats including Word, Excel and PDF.
The fact that the Pulsar dBLink3 and the AnalyzerPlus have no licensing restrictions means the user is able to install the software onto multiple computers and laptops eliminating hidden costs and optimising user flexibility.
dBLink3 also supports previous versions of the Pulsar Noise Dosimeter and Reader Units.
Pulsar Noise Dosemeter Accessories
Each Pulsar Noise Dosimeter noise measurement system, is supplied with everything required to conduct a fully compliant noise survey.
Contained in each system is the:
- Model 22 doseBadge(s) & leather mounting kit(s)
- Model 22-R Reader unit with integral acoustic calibrator
- CHR20-*D Charger unit for 2, 5 or 10 doseBadges
- K3 Hard Attaché Case
- Power supply
- dBLink3 or AnalyzerPlus download, analysis and reporting software
- USB download cable
- Calibration certificates
- User manual
- 2 year warranty
- WS22 protective windshield for the doseBadge against dust, moisture and noise generated by 'spurious' events
- RK1 Key-fob remote control
- Helmet mount for doseBadge
- Model 22 doseBadge: 45gms (1.6oz)
- Model 22-R Reader: 400gms (14oz)
Why not combine the Pulsar Noise Dosimeter system with a Sound Level Meter and Acoustic Calibrator?
The hard kit case supplied for your Pulsar Noise Dosimeter system has space for 5 individual noise dosimeters along with all of the standard accessories.
Please note, the Pulsar Noise Dosimeter system kit allows enough space for any combination of our Sound Level Meters such as a Pulsar Nova or Quantifier for example, an Acoustic Calibrator and a windshield. This allows the dosimeter kit to be transformed and adapted into a Safety Professional kit to provide you with a complete noise monitoring solution.
Visit our Acoustic Glossary section here for more information and definition of the most common terms used in acoustics.
To request a quotation or find out more contact us.