Digital Noise Meter for Noise Level Testing
Simple and easy to use low-cost digital noise meter for basic noise level testing and spot checks.
- Class 2 Digital Sound Level Meter to IEC 61672
- Fast and slow time weightings with Max Hold
- dB(A) and dB(C) frequency weightings
- Measurement range 35dB(A) to 130dB(A)
- Windshield included as standard
- Basic noise checks, noise level testing, fire alarm testing
- Industrial and vehicle noise level measurements.
The perfect solution for noise level testing
The Pulsar Model 14 Digital Noise Meter is the perfect solution for basic industrial noise surveys and is ideal for use in the measurement and checks of vehicle noise, workplace noise, fire alarms, audible warning system and during the installation of sound or alarm systems.
This Class 2 meter is a general-purpose entry-level meter that meets the requirements of the latest international standard for sound level meters IEC 61672 at Class 2 (Type 2) for accuracy.
It is incredibly easy to use and that's what helps make it so popular with people who know they need to measure noise, but to whom high specification sound level meters would be too expensive.
The small size of the unit allows it to be carried in the pocket or over the shoulder in its carry pouch so that noise level testing can be carried out without the operator being the centre of attention.
Despite its small size, the digital sound meter has a large and easy to read display, which shows the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) in decibels. You can select either the standard 'A' frequency-weighting dB(A) or the alternative 'C' frequency-weighting dB(C) as well as Fast and Slow time weightings.
It offers both Low Decibel Range and High Decibel Range Measurements:
- L (Low) = 35dB(A) to 100dB(A)
- H (High) = 65dB(A) to 130dB(A)
The Maximum Hold function allows the unit to freeze the display showing the highest level measured. This is very useful where the allowable noise testing level is given in terms of a maximum (LAFmax or LCFmax).
The Pulsar Model 14 noise measuring instrument is also useful for the investigation of environmental noise complaints as the instrument features a low range reading down to 35dB(A).
- A simple, compact, lightweight and easy to use meter for instantaneous noise level testing and spot checks
- Large, easy to read display
- Class 2 Sound Level Meter to IEC 61672:2002-1 & Type 2 to IEC 60651:1979
- dB(A) and dB(C) Frequency Weightings
- Options for Fast or Slow Time Weighting Models with Maximum Hold
- Measurement range of 35dB(A) to 130dB(A) (L= 35dB(A) to 100dB(A) & H= 65dB(A) to 130dB(A))
- Calibration certificate included
- 12 months' warranty extendable to 7 years
Ideal for a wide range of work-based sound measurement and noise monitoring applications that require a ‘simple to use’ yet inexpensive meter. These include:
- Workplace noise level testing
- Industrial hygiene
- Quick spot checks
- Entertainment / Sports noise
- Fire alarm testing (with Slow time weighting option)
- Sound system and alarm system installation
- Nuisance noise
- Other noise testing applications
Model 14 Accessories
Our sound meters are supplied with:
- Operating manual
- Certificate of calibration
- 1 X 9V Battery
- Calibration screwdriver
- 12 months warranty extendable to 7 years
* To qualify for the 7-year warranty, you will need to send your Pulsar Model 14 back to us annually for service and recalibration whereupon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months up to 7 years.
The instrument can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement equipment kit, containing everything you need to carry out a noise survey.
Each Model 14K noise measurement kit comes complete with:
- Model 14 Meter
- Model 106 Acoustic Calibrator
- WS30 Windshield
- CP1 Carrying Pouch
- Certificates of calibration for meter and its acoustic calibrator
- Operating manuals
- Batteries (9V for the meter and 9V for the acoustic calibrator)
Hertfordshire Fire & Rescue Service, December 2015