Digital Noise Meter - Low-cost for noise level testing
The Model 14 (Class 2) Low-cost Digital Noise Meter meets the standards of IEC 61672:2002-1.
This entry-level noise meter is simple to use and is perfect where a quick assessment of noise levels is required. Ideal for noise at work, industrial hygiene and for quick spot checks, for example, fire alarm noise level testing.
The Pulsar Model 14 Digital Noise Meter (Class 2) is a popular general-purpose entry-level noise meter. It is ideal for those applications where a sound level meter would be useful but a high specification meter would be too expensive.
The meter is very easy to use whilst meeting the requirements of the latest international sound level meter standard IEC 61672 at Class 2 (Type 2) accuracy.
Because of its compact dimensions, the hand-held Pulsar Model 14 is ideal where a larger instrument would be too conspicuous or cumbersome. The small size of the unit allows it to be carried in the pocket or over the shoulder in its carry pouch so that noise level testing can be carried out without the operator being the centre of attention.
The noise meter has a large and easy to read display, which shows the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) in decibels. You can select either the standard 'A' frequency-weighting dB(A) or the alternative 'C' frequency-weighting dB(C).
The Maximum Hold function allows the unit to freeze the display showing the highest level measured. This is very useful where the allowable noise testing level is given in terms of a maximum (LAFmax or LCFmax). The Pulsar Model 14 is also useful for the investigation of environmental noise complaints as the instrument features a low range reading down to 35dB(A).
Learn more about acoustic terms relevant to your industry applications by visiting our Glossary section.
- Simple, compact, lightweight and easy to use digital noise meter for instantaneous noise level testing and spot checks
- Large, easy to read display
- Class 2 Sound Level Meter to IEC 61672:2002-1 & Type 2 to IEC 60651:1979
- dB(A) and dB(C) Frequency Weightings
- Option of Fast or Slow Time Weighting Models with Maximum Hold
- Measurement range of 35dB(A) to 130dB(A)
- Calibration certificate included
- 12 months' warranty extendable to 7 years
The Pulsar 14 digital noise meter is ideal for a wide range of work-based sound measurement and noise survey applications that require a ‘simple to use’ yet inexpensive meter. These include:
- Workplace noise level testing
- Industrial hygiene
- Quick spot checks
- Entertainment / Sports noise
- Fire alarm testing (with Slow time weighting option)
- Nuisance noise
Model 14 Accessories
The noise meter comes supplied with:
- Operating manual
- Certificate of calibration
- 1 X 9V Battery
- Calibration screwdriver
- 12 months warranty extendable to 7 years
* To qualify for the 7-year warranty, you will need to send your Pulsar Model 14 back to us annually for service and recalibration whereupon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months up to 7 years.
The instrument can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement equipment kit, containing everything you need to carry out a noise survey.
Each Model 14K noise measurement kit comes complete with:
- Model 14 Digital Noise Meter
- Model 106 Acoustic Calibrator
- WS30 Windshield
- CP1 Carrying Pouch
- Certificates of calibration for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator
- Operating manuals
- Batteries (9V for the meter and 9V for the acoustic calibrator)
Hertfordshire Fire & Rescue Service, December 2015