Digital Noise Meter - Low-cost noise level testing
Simple and easy to use noise meter for basic noise level measurement and spot checks
- Class 2 Sound Level Meter to IE 61672:2001-1
- Fast and slow time weightings with Max Hold
- dB(A) and dB(C) frequency weightings
- Measurement range 35dB(A) to 130dB(A)
- Windshield included as standard
- Basic noise checks, fire alarm testing, industrial and vehicle noise
The perfect solution for basic noise level testing
The Pulsar Model 14 Digital Noise Meter is the perfect solution for basic industrial noise surveys and is ideal for use in the measurement and checks of vehicle noise, workplace noise, fire alarms, audible warning system and during the installation of sound or alarm systems.
This Class 2 noise meter is a general-purpose entry-level noise meter that meets the requirements of the latest international sound level meter standard IEC 61672:2002-1 at Class 2 (Type 2) for accuracy.
It is incredibly easy to use and that's what helps make it so popular with people who know they need to measure noise, but to whom a high specification sound level meter would be too expensive.
The small size of the unit allows it to be carried in the pocket or over the shoulder in its carry pouch so that noise level testing can be carried out without the operator being the centre of attention.
Despite it's small size, the noise meter has a large and easy to read display, which shows the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) in decibels. You can select either the standard 'A' frequency-weighting dB(A) or the alternative 'C' frequency-weighting dB(C).
The Maximum Hold function allows the unit to freeze the display showing the highest level measured. This is very useful where the allowable noise testing level is given in terms of a maximum (LAFmax or LCFmax).
The Pulsar Model 14 is also useful for the investigation of environmental noise complaints as the instrument features a low range reading down to 35dB(A).
Learn more about acoustic terms relevant to your industry applications by visiting our Glossary section.
- Simple, compact, lightweight and easy to use digital noise meter for instantaneous noise level testing and spot checks
- Large, easy to read display
- Class 2 Sound Level Meter to IEC 61672:2002-1 & Type 2 to IEC 60651:1979
- dB(A) and dB(C) Frequency Weightings
- Option of Fast or Slow Time Weighting Models with Maximum Hold
- Measurement range of 35dB(A) to 130dB(A)
- Calibration certificate included
- 12 months' warranty extendable to 7 years
The Pulsar 14 digital noise meter is ideal for a wide range of work-based sound measurement and noise survey applications that require a ‘simple to use’ yet inexpensive meter. These include:
- Workplace noise level testing
- Industrial hygiene
- Quick spot checks
- Entertainment / Sports noise
- Fire alarm testing (with Slow time weighting option)
- Sound system and alarm system installation
- Nuisance noise
Model 14 Accessories
The noise meter comes supplied with:
- Operating manual
- Certificate of calibration
- 1 X 9V Battery
- Calibration screwdriver
- 12 months warranty extendable to 7 years
* To qualify for the 7-year warranty, you will need to send your Pulsar Model 14 back to us annually for service and recalibration whereupon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months up to 7 years.
The instrument can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement equipment kit, containing everything you need to carry out a noise survey.
Each Model 14K noise measurement kit comes complete with:
- Model 14 Digital Noise Meter
- Model 106 Acoustic Calibrator
- WS30 Windshield
- CP1 Carrying Pouch
- Certificates of calibration for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator
- Operating manuals
- Batteries (9V for the meter and 9V for the acoustic calibrator)
Hertfordshire Fire & Rescue Service, December 2015