Class 1 and 2 Acoustic Calibrators
Pulsar Instruments' Models 105 (Class 1) & 106 (Class 2) acoustic calibrators quickly check the accuracy of your sound level meter or personal noise dosemeter making sure that your measurements are valid and comply with international regulations and codes of practice.
Acoustic calibrators are essential for the field calibration of your sound level meters to make sure your noise measurements are legally compliant with all noise at work legislation.
Acoustic Calibrator Models 105 (Class 1) and Model 106 (Class 2) have been tested and formally EU Pattern Approved under certificate PTB-1.61.4034842, as meeting all of the requirements of the latest International standard, IEC 60942: 2003. This version of the IEC standard is far more stringent than previous versions and so far very few manufacturers have managed to meet it.
The two models are intended to calibrate, that is set the sensitivity, of any properly approved sound level meter that uses a standard measurement microphone.
Both Models 105 and Model 106 give a standardised 1kHz tone - the frequency where all weighting networks are the same, at a pressure of 1 Pascal which is a sound level of 94 decibels. They have sensors to correct for temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and battery voltage so that they remain stable and accurate under almost any conditions where they are likely to be used.
- Model 105 complies fully with Class 1 - the precision class, while Model 106 fully meets the requirements for the calibration of industrial sound level meters used in almost all Health and Safety applications.
- We have taken great care during the design process to ensure that the units are comfortable to hold, robust and easy to used, whilst performing accurately throughout a wide range of temperature, humidity and pressure conditions.
- The acoustic calibrators are powered by an easy to access single 9 volt battery giving many months or even years of operation. An automatic shut-off circuit ensures power conservation should you forget to switch off the unit.
- Advanced performance ensures that both models meet or exceed IEC 60942 accuracy requirements
- Full PTB pattern approval awarded on both models
- Ergonomic and robust design ensures comfortable use
- Auto correction for temperature and barometric pressure
- Auto switch off in normal mode and ‘permanent-on’ mode available
- 94dB Sound Pressure Level
- Fits ½ inch international standard microphones
- ¼ inch adaptor available
- Calibration certificate included
- 12 months' warranty extendable to 7 years
- Acoustic Calibration of a sound level meter
Most noise related regulations stipulate that the sound level meter or noise dosemeter is calibrated before each acoustic calibration session and checked again before turning the instrument off.
Noise measurements made for ‘official’ use, such as industrial health & safety or environmental monitoring, are not valid unless correct calibration procedures have been followed.
Models 105 & 106 Accessories
Whilst both the Models 105 and Model 106 can be ordered separately, they are most often supplied as part of the sound level meter noise measurement kit.
The Model 105 for a Class 1 noise measurement kit and the Model 106 for a Class 2 noise measurement kit.
Each Model 105 or Model 106 is supplied with the following sound meter calibrator equipment:
- User manual
- Certificate of calibration
- Battery (9V)
- 12 months warranty extendable to 7 years*
* To qualify for the 7 year warranty, you will need to send your Pulsar Acoustic Calibrator back to us annually for service and recalibration where upon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months for up to 7 years.
To request a quotation for this product or find out more, please call contact us.