NoisePen Personal sound exposure meter
Capture, record and calculate workers' noise exposure easily for over 30 hours with our innovative NoisePen personal sound exposure meter. This noise dosemeter is perfect for monitoring Noise at Work over a whole day or week and is fully compliant with noise measurement standards. Save time and money too - the more you buy the more you save.
The NoisePen has no cables, displays or controls, and needs no separate charger or reader unit, making it simple to use and the perfect solution for personal noise measurement for shift, lone, and confined-space workers and people working in remote areas.
Great value, self-contained personal noise dosemeter for compliance with occupational noise regulations. You can capture, record and calculate noise exposure data with this new innovation for over 30 hours. Just choose how many you want, the more you buy the more you save. This simple to use dosemeter measures all the noise parameters you need for legally compliant noise monitoring. The NoisePen has no cables, displays or controls. No separate charger or reader unit is needed, making it the perfect solution for personal noise measurement for shift workers, lone workers, confined space workers and people working in remote areas. Save time and money too with this innovative device; just choose how many you want, the more you buy the more you save. Several different mounting options are also available.
This personal sound exposure meter, the NoisePen, a self-contained noise monitor ideally suited for workers ‘on the go’. The NoisePen does not require a Charger or Reader Unit – all interactions are done via USB to a PC and our analysis and reporting software Pulsar AnalyzerPlus.
- All programming and key functions such as start-stop, set up and configuration of the device, download, view and store measurements are performed prior to or on completion of field measurements via the software Pulsar AnalyzerPlus.
- The calibration of the NoisePen is also undertaken prior to taking a measurement with its acoustic calibrator and verified and logged via the software. The same process is carried out on return of the unit to base.
- Using the powerful AnalyzerPlus software, it is possible to schedule a timed measurement at a date and time of your choice. Conveniently, you can also repeat a selected pattern over a period of 7 days without having to reset the NoisePen.
- Pulsar AnalyzerPlus software will provide a full map of ‘Time History’ information to help you determine when key noise problems occur during a worker's day.
- All the data essential to meet compliance with occupational noise regulations is also available to view from the reporting facility such as: LAeq, LEP,d, % Dose and TWA.
- The additional ‘C’ weighted peak Time History allows you to fully assess risks from impulsive noise in the workplace.
- Portable, accurate and easy to use
- Designed to capture individual exposure to noise for over 30 hours
- Ideal for lone workers, shift workers, those operating in several locations or in confined spaces
- Meets IEC 61252:1993 and ANSI S1.25:1991 standards
- Accurate measurements over a large dynamic range 70-140dB(A)
- Measurements can be scheduled for up to 28 days into the future
- No reader or charger required - fully operational via USB to a PC
- Set up, start, stop, download and report processes via Pulsar AnalyzerPlus software
- Rechargeable in less than 4 hours
- Multiple wearable mounting options
Wearable device ideal for
- Compliance with worldwide occupational or industrial Noise Regulations (UK, EU, OSHA, MSHA)
- Noise at work
- Industrial hygiene
Typical use is for employees who are exposed to different noisy machinery over a working day, those working alone, in vehicle cabins, those in difficult to reach environments (in factories, warehousing), or involved in shift work or with un-predictable work patterns.
Pulsar NoisePen reporting software
The NoisePen personal noise dosemeter from Pulsar Instruments is supplied with the AnalyzerPlus software program as standard. To assist new users, we have produced a NoisePen video to take you through the main settings and functionality of the software.
We recommend that you test the software a few times with your PC once you take ownership of your noise measurement device before you go ahead with any formal noise exposure measurements.
Each Pulsar NoisePen measurement system is supplied with everything you need to conduct a fully compliant assessment of noise exposure of an individual worker. Pulsar NoisePen kit Contained in each system is:
- Model 26 NoisePen sound exposure meter & mini windshield
- Pulsar Model 106 (94dB) or Model 108 (114dB) Acoustic Calibrator
- Mounting options (see below)
- Compact, plastic carry kit case with foam insert
- Power supply
- Pulsar AnalyzerPlus analysis and reporting software
- USB download cable
- Calibration certificates for the NoisePen and Acoustic Calibrator
- User manuals
- 12 months warranty extendable to 7 years*
* To qualify for the 7 year warranty, you will to send your Pulsar NoisePen back to us annually for service and recalibration where upon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months for up to 7 years. We offer a number of different mounting options for the NoisePen to suit your work environment:
- NP1 Pocket Clip supplied as standard
- NP2 Leather Strap Option
- NP3 Velcro Strap Option 50cm long
- NP4 Vertical Strap Option
- Model 26 NoisePen personal sound exposure meter 82gms
- Model 106/108 Acoustic calibrator 225gms with alkaline battery
Professional Noise Measurement Kit
Why not combine a NoisePen system with your existing noise measurement equipment?
You can expand your existing noise measurement kit by adding a number of NoisePens to a professional sound level meter such as a Pulsar Nova. This complete safety professional kit will cover every angle of compliance for noise measurement.
To request a FREE demonstration for this safety kit, a quotation or simply to find out more about the NoisePen and the various combinations available to you, please call us now on 01723 518011 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our contact form.