Who should attend this course and why?
This one-day noise awareness course, aimed at people responsible for health and safety in their organisations, will help you address the following questions:
- Do we have a noise at work problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the Noise at Work Regulations (EU Noise Directive)
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and legal limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
Noise at Work Training course dates and venues
- Wednesday 25th May, York (The Principle Hotel, York)
- Tuesday 12th July, Birmingham (Science museum)
- Tuesday 20th September, Bristol (Woodwise Academy)
- Wednesday 16th November, Edinburgh (Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue)
Course Tutor: Pulsar Instruments Noise at work expert. We provide refreshments and a buffet lunch, comprehensive written reference materials, and a loan of noise measurement instruments such as a Pulsar sound level meter or personal noise dosimeter for the practical session in the afternoon. At the end of the day, delegates receive a Noise Awareness Training completion certificate.
- Basic Noise Theory: What is sound?
- Noise Units and Terminology
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations (and the EU Physical Agents (Noise) Directive)
- Understanding company obligations and the Noise Action Values & Limits
- Noise Control Basics
- Choosing the correct hearing PPE and requirements for health surveillance
- BS4142 updated industry-standard overview
- Practical session:
- How to measure noise using sound level meters & noise dosimeters
- How to record and report your noise measurements and assessments
How to book
- Book and pay online now or contact us for additional information: Tel: 01723 339715
The price includes: refreshments, lunch, course texts and a certificate of completion.
Course duration and logistics
- Arrive 9am for 9.20am start
- Finish approximately 3.30pm (Extended one-to-one sessions can be arranged with the trainer for those with specific issues)
- We politely request that attendees email us to inform us of any dietary or access requirements at least 2 weeks before the start of the course so we can accommodate specific requirements.
- Information on overnight accommodation provided on request.
Terms and conditions
Payment must be received in full before your chosen course date.
Refund Policy up to 7 days:
All bookings must be prepaid, and payment must be received 14 days before the date of the course. Bookings cancelled more than 7 days before the course will be refunded in full. After this period, any cancellation will render the fee payable unless the delegate(s) can nominate a substitute or transfer to an alternative date is possible (at our discretion). To transfer your place to another person in your organisation you must contact us directly at email@example.com or phone us on 01723 518 011 at least 24 hours before your original booked course date. Any cancellation must be in writing and received by Pulsar Instruments Plc. A VAT receipt will be supplied on receipt of payment.
Please contact us for more information on our in-company delivered courses.