Noise Awareness Training Courses – 2018
Due to the huge success of our Noise Awareness training courses, Pulsar Instruments are pleased to offer additional dates of its Noise Awareness Training Courses hosted at a variety of venues throughout the UK for 2018.
Our One Day Noise Awareness Course (now in its 11th year) focuses on key facts and gives delegates from any background an understanding of the issues relating to the legislation, measurement and control of noise in their workplace. This course is suitable as a ‘refresher’ for customers who may not have used their noise measuring equipment for some time and are seeking to carry out occupational noise assessments.
Do any of the following questions relate to you? We have the answers, and so will you when you attend our course!
- Do we have a noise at work problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the ‘Controlling Noise in the Workplace’ regulations?
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and legal limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
Noise awareness course dates and venues for 2018
- Wednesday 7th March 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Places available
- Wednesday 25th April 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Places available
- Wednesday 13th June 2018 – National Space Centre, Leicester – Places available
- Wednesday 19th Sept. 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Places available
We provide refreshments and a buffet lunch, comprehensive written reference materials and loan of noise measurement instruments such as a Pulsar sound level meter or personal noise dosemeters for the practical session in the afternoon. At the end of the day, delegates receive a Noise Awareness Training completion certificate.
Noise Awareness Training Course Agenda
- Welcome and introduction
- Basic Noise Theory: What is sound?
- Noise Units and Terminology
- The EU Physical Agents (Noise) Directive
- BS4142 updated industry standard overview
- Noise Control Basics
- How to measure Noise
- Using Sound Level Meters & Noise Dosemeters
- Recording information & reporting noise measurements
- Practical Workshop
- Worked Examples then Open Discussion
Practical session in the afternoon
Delegates can take a variety of measurements with their own sound level meters or that loaned by Pulsar Instruments on the day.
Existing Pulsar customers can attend a further session on that day where they will be given detailed guidance on the correct use of their own instrumentation and how to interpret the results using their Pulsar noise reporting software.
Testimonials of past delegates
Don’t take our word for it! Read the testimonials of our past noise awareness training courses‘ delegates.
How to book
Book now or contact us for additional information on our Noise Awareness training course:
- Tel: 01723 518011
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Cost: £265.00 + VAT – Arrive 9.00am for 9.20am start (price includes: refreshments, lunch, course binder and certificate of completion)
- Finish 3.30pm with extended one-to-one sessions with the trainer for those interested.
- Information on overnight accommodation provided on request.