Noise Awareness Training Courses 2018
Due to the huge success of our Noise Awareness training course programme, Pulsar Instruments Plc are delighted to offer additional dates of its Noise Awareness Training Courses hosted at a variety of venues throughout the UK for 2018.
This popular One Day Noise Awareness Course (now in its 11th year) focuses on key facts and will give delegates from any background an understanding of the issues relating to the legislation, measurement and control of noise in their workplace. This course is suitable as a ‘refresher’ for customers who may not have used their noise measuring equipment for some time and are seeking to carry out occupational noise assessments.
Do any of the following questions relate to you? We have the answers and so will you when you attend our course!
- How can I determine whether we have a noise problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the ‘Controlling Noise in the Workplace’ regulations?
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and legal limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
Refreshments and a buffet lunch are provided along with comprehensive written reference materials, certificate of attendance and loan of noise measurement instruments such as a Pulsar sound level meter or personal noise dosemeters for the practical session in the afternoon. Details of overnight hotel accommodation can be forwarded on request to interested parties.
Noise Awareness Training Course Agenda
- Introduction and Welcome
- Basic Noise Theory: What is sound? The decibel scale, adding and subtracting noise levels
- Noise Units and Terminology: What are the basic units used, and what terminology will you find when using noise measurement instruments?
- The EU Physical Agents (Noise) Directive: Key requirements in the Regulations & how they will affect noise risk assessments and surveys?
- BS4142 updated industry standard overview: Method for rating industrial noise affecting mixed residential and industrial areas
- Noise Control Basics: The basics of noise control, reverberation in large spaces and simple noise control applications
- How to measure Noise: What instruments are suitable for different applications, area measurements and personal noise exposure measurements?
- Using Sound Level Meters & Noise Dosemeters: Practical considerations of using such instrumentation for ‘real world measurements’
- Recording information & reporting noise measurements: Reporting noise measurements and providing an ‘Action Plan’
- Practical Workshop: Your chance to make some noise measurements under the guidance of experienced professionals
- Worked Examples then Open Discussion: A valuable opportunity to reflect and practice what you have learnt during the day
Practical session in the afternoon
Delegates can take a variety of measurements with their own sound level meters or that loaned by Pulsar Instruments on the day.
Existing Pulsar customers can attend a further session on that day where they will be given detailed guidance on the correct use of their own instrumentation and how to interpret the results using their Pulsar noise reporting software.
Course dates and venues for 2018
- Wednesday 7th March 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Places available
- Wednesday 25th April 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Places available
- Wednesday 13th June 2018 – National Space Centre, Leicester – Places available
- Wednesday 19th Sept. 2018 – National Railway Museum, York – Places available
Testimonials of past delegates
Don’t take our word for it! Read the testimonials of our past noise awareness training courses‘ delegates.
How to book
For further advice or additional information on our Noise Awareness training course, please contact us at Pulsar Instruments plc.
- Tel: 01723 518011 Fax: 01723 518043
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: £265.00 + VAT – Arrive 9.00am for 9.20am start (refreshments, lunch, course binder and certificate included)
- Finish 3.30pm with extended one-to-one sessions with the trainer for those interested