HAV Meter - The Pulsar vB hand arm vibration meter
Use the Pulsar vB HAV meter to measure the hand-arm vibration of handheld power tools and find out how long you can safely use them for.
The Pulsar vB is the only HAV meter you need to take accurate measurements of power tools and start protecting your workers from Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) and your business from costly fines and compensation claims. The Pulsar vB is:
- Very easy to use
- Takes all the essential measurements
- Gives Vector Sum, Exposure Points and more
- Allows for effortless reporting for vibration risk assessments
The Pulsar vB Hand-Arm Vibration Meter has been designed to conduct highly accurate Hand-Arm Vibration measurements of your tools and machinery, helping you to comply with The Control of Vibration at Work Regulations (2005).
It is simply the best HAV meter to measure the vibration of your power tools and machinery to help protect your workers from HAVS and Vibration White Finger. The Pulsar vB takes quick and reliable measurements of all the essential parameters for Hand-Arm Vibration assessment. The Pulsar vB has been specifically designed to make the job as simple as possible. Its small size, combined with a powerful processor and large memory enables Safety Professionals to take Hand Arm Vibration to the next level.
It's supplied with a simple to attach tri-axial accelerometer with which simultaneous X, Y and Z readings are taken and displayed on the screen in real time. Measurements can be taken in M/S2 or in G, and results are given for Aeq, Peak and Vector Sum. Measured data is also calculated into the HSE's easy to use colour coded points system, and also displays the Exposure Action Value (EAV) and Exposure Limit Value (ELV) times.
The Safety Professional's Choice
- Easy to use: fix to your tool, switch on and press record
- Triaxial accelerometer for X, Y, Z measurements
- Essential measurements: Arms, Aeq, Amax, Peak, Vector Sum, HSE Exposure Points, EAV, ELV
- Large clear display to view everything you need
- Colour coded measurements so you know if there's a problem
- Large memory to keep your measurements safe
- Download to the vB Plus Software for effortless reporting
This is a 'must have' all for Health and Safety Managers to assess vibration exposure in their workforce by giving accurate vibration magnitude measurements of the power tools your employees use.
Watch our video for more information.
Features of the Pulsar vB - HAV Meter:
- Only 3 operational buttons for simple use
- Tri-axial vibration meter
- Meets ISO 8041:2005 (Human response to vibration) for compliance with ISO 5359:2001 (Measurement and evaluation of human exposure to hand-transmitted vibration)
- Large dynamic range: Frequency range 2hz - 500hz +/-10%
- Measurement paramaters: acceleration, Aeq, Amax, Peak, Vector Sum, Exposure Points
- Re-chargeable battery pack and charger
- Large 'Flash' memory storing up to 992 recordings
- Rugged accelerometer, and impact resistant body and cable
- Large colour OLED display with colour coded measurements (Red, Amber, Green)
Workers are at risk of HAVS if they regularly use hand-held or hand-guided power tools and machines such as:
- Concrete breakers, concrete pokers;
- Sanders, grinders, disc cutters;
- Hammer drills;
- Chipping hammers;
- Chainsaws, brush cutters, hedge trimmers,
- Powered mowers;
- Scabblers or needle guns.
Workers are also at risk if they hold work pieces which vibrate while being processed by powered machinery such as pedestal grinders.
They are particularly at risk if they regularly operate:
- hammer action tools for more than about 15 minutes per day; or
- some rotary and other action tools for more than about one hour per day
As they are likely to be above the exposure action value set out in the regulations. Find out more about occupational vibration and the risks of Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome.
Pulsar vB Plus LITE software is provided as standard: Recorded Data is logged in the internal memory of the instrument, ready to be downloaded to the included free software. Data can also be viewed on screen for immediate use. The software can be upgraded to the full Pulsar vB Plus software which offers additional reporting and staff exposure-risk tracking applications.
Supplied with long life rechargeable batteries, an additional pack can be purchased to ensure this HAV Meter can be ready to use whenever you need it.
You can also combine the vibration meter with one of our sound level meters as part of a professional safety kit.