Environmental Noise Pollution measurement at its best
The Pulsar Model 45 Environmental Noise Meter is an extremely accurate, reliable, handheld precision instrument that is especially suited to measuring noise pollution. It successfully combines the latest technology in noise measurement methods with ease of use and durability. It can also be used for measuring noise across many different applications: noise at work, construction, entertainment, environment and for measuring machinery and vehicle noise. Compliant with IEC 61672-1:2002.
- The added features of this class 1 integrating averaging sound level meter include 1:1 Octave Band Filters, Audio Recording, Ln Values and Data logging.
- Buy on its own as part of a complete noise measurement kit.
- The meter also combines simplicity of use with the outstanding Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ reporting software (supplied as standard). This software allows you to effectively measure noise, store your measurements in the large internal memory and then effortlessly transform your measurements into final report formats.
- The meter has a removable pre-amplifier which enables the instruments to be used with microphone extension cables. With the addition of an Outdoor Kit, this meter can also be transformed into a long term weatherproof environmental monitoring meter.
- In December 2017, Pulsar Nova Model 45 was awarded regulatory type approval from the prestigious Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in Germany.
For environmental applications:
The Model 45 successfully combines high performance with ease of use. It measures all the essential parameters simultaneously including Ln Values, TWA dose and includes 1:1 Octave band filters for octave band analysis as well as automatic timers for longer-term environmental monitoring. This meter is data logging as standard enabling you to download and analyse all your environmental measurements.
For noise at work applications:
The Model 45 is an ideal instrument for precision occupational noise measurement to ensure compliance with International Occupational Noise or Industrial Hygiene Noise Directives to be used as part of a company Health and Safety strategy. This model includes real-time 1:1 Octave band filters for the prescription of correct levels of hearing protection.
- Model 45 Class 1 SPL A, C, Z (simultaneous measurement) frequency weighting F, S & I (simultaneous measurement) Time weighting
The Health and Safety Advisor at HARIBO says ‘The Nova is a fantastic piece of equipment. It allows me to take quick readings and produce the relevant reports and make PPE comparisons easily. As well as saving me considerable time, the clear, real-time screen lets me show and explain to the staff the noise readings in their area as it happens. This is the best tool I have had in cultivating a positive attitude in the staff toward managing their own noise exposure and wearing the hearing protection correctly’.
Graham Ellicott –
Top Performance from Pulsar Nova 45 in TV Studio Project Allows the Show to Go On!
The noise levels in TV studios have to be low and thus when it comes to acoustic measurements of plant above them then speed is of the essence so that the show can go on. Graham Ellicott, noise consultant, recently had to carry out a number of measurements in a ductwork system above a TV studio that supplies programmes for channels that are available via BSkyB. The noise measurements required the removal of hatches in the ductwork and this process plus the extra noise generated by their opening could have been difficult to deal with had it not been for the Pulsar Nova 45 which can measure many different functions simultaneously. A small ‘window’ of time (approximately 10 mins between takes) was all that was available for the whole measurement process and the Nova 45 easily took this in its stride. Graham commented “In the past, I’ve used other meters that would have required at least 30 minutes for all of the measurements but because of the Nova 45’s ability to measure simultaneously the whole process was completed within the 10 minute window thus saving me and the client time while allowing the show to go on!”
Independent Environmental Consultancy (IEC) –
Independent Environmental Consultancy (IEC) regularly updates its noise monitoring kit. When it came to purchasing a new real-time octave band analyser which could be used for workplace and environmental noise measurements, we opted for the Pulsar Nova Model 45 noise measurement kit. The kit is constantly in use and is a favoured by our consultancy team due to its ease of use, reliability and impressive functionality – a sound choice.