Nova 46 - Octave Band Sound Level Meter
This premium version of the Pulsar Nova is a Class 2 Octave Band Sound Level Meter.
All the features of the Nova 44 sound level meter, plus
- Range 20dB(A) to 140dB(A) & 143dB(C)
- Real time 1:1 octave band filters
- Data Logging and AnalyzerPlus software
- Audio recording, Audio Note, and Timers
- TWA/dose and Ln values
- Ideal for Noise at Work, occupational and industrial hygiene
- Entertainment noise assessments, machinery and vehicle testing.
Buy on its own or as part of a complete noise measurement kit.
Ideal for accurate occupational noise measurement
The Class 2 Pulsar Model 46 octave band sound level meter is a very accurate, reliable, ‘handheld’ precision instrument ideally suited to occupational noise measurements. It can also be used in other applications including entertainment noise measurement, machinery noise and for vehicle noise testing.
The Model 46 is an ideal instrument for health and safety practitioners as it takes compliant measurements of all types of noise, meeting the standards set out in the Noise at Work Regulations. The Model 46 also includes include real time 1:1 Octave band filters for the prescription of correct levels of hearing protection.
- IEC 61672-1:2002 Class 2 compliant sound level meter
- 1:1 Octave band filters to IEC 61260 & ANSI S1.11-2004
- Model 46 Class 2 SPL A, C, Z (simultaneous measurement) frequency weighting F, S & I (simultaneous measurement) Time weighting.
Octave Band Filters and automatic hearing protection prescription
This version of the Nova has real time 1:1 octave bands included as standard meaning that it measures all the noise frequency bands at the same time - parallel filters. The most common use for this is for the correct selection of hearing protection (hearing defenders). As octave band filters allow the frequency content of noise to be measured and analysed it is possible to prescribe hearing PPE that attenuates noise at the right frequencies.
Our outstanding Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ reporting software (supplied as standard), comes with a comprehensive list of modern hearing PPE. The software takes the measured octave band frequency data and calculates the assumed level of hearing protection at the ear allowing the user to prescribe the correct level of protection.
Easy to use and effortless reporting
Our license-free AnalyzerPlus software, also allows you to store your measurements in the large internal memory and then effortlessly transform your measurements into a variety of reports at the touch of a button.
The Pulsar Nova range
The Pulsar Nova range of high-performance decibel meters successfully combines the latest technology in noise measurement methods with ease of use and durability.
The Nova Range consists of six powerful meters. Compare the different Pulsar Nova Models within the range.
Features of the Model 46 Class 2 Octave Band Sound Level Meter
All of the features of the Pulsar Nova Class 2 Noise at work meter (Model 44) and more. Every feature listed below comes as standard:
- AnalyzerPlus data-logging software
- OLED Display - see the screen in all conditions
- Calibration prompt for compliant accurate measurements
- Simultaneous measurement of all key noise parameters
- Leq, Peak and C-A
- 20dB(A) to 140dB(A) & 143dB(C) dynamic measurement range
- Pause & back erase function
- Colour coding for measurement status
- Manual audio record
- Audio Note
- Repeat Timer
- Single Timer
- Ln Values
- Real Time 1:1 Octave Band filter Analysis 31.5Hz to 16kHz
- Compliant with IEC 61672-1:2013
- 12 month calibration certificate included as standard
- Up to 7 year's warranty
Typical areas of applications include:
- Occupational noise assessment
- Industrial hygiene
- Environmental noise measurement
- Boundary noise measurement
- Manufacturing (machinery noise testing and maintenance)
- Vehicle noise testing
- Entertainment noise measurement
Pulsar Nova ‘AnalyzerPlus’ software package is supplied as standard with the Model 46. The instrument stores data in its memory and the software allows the user to download the measurement data onto a PC or laptop for analysis and to create a variety of reports. This software features a hearing defenders' tab for PPE equipment specification using octave band measurements including a large database of hearing protection equipment and reporting functions. Octave band analysis is the most detailed and accurate of the three methods to prescribe the correct level of hearing protection.
Pulsar Nova Accessories
The Model 46 Nova meter comes supplied with:
- 1-year warranty (extendable up to 7 years*)
- User manual
- Certificate of calibration
- 6 X AA Batteries
- Wrist strap
- AnalyzerPlus sound level meter analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable
*To qualify for the 7-year warranty, you will need to send your Pulsar Nova sound level meter back to us annually for recalibration and service whereupon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months for up to 7 years.
The Pulsar Nova meters can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement kit, containing all that is required to carry out a noise survey. In addition, a weatherproof outdoor kit is available to purchase which enables the Nova to be used for outdoor noise monitoring for mid to long-term periods for example on construction sites.
Each Model 46K (Class 2) meter measurement kit contains:
- Model 46 Nova Decibel Meter
- Model 106 (Class 2) Acoustic Calibrator
- WS90 Windshield
- K4 Hard Kit Case
- Wrist Strap
- 6 X AA batteries
- Calibration Certificates for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator, User manual
- Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ download, analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable
The Pulsar Nova range of sound level meters can be supplied with a number of input and output cables. Contact us for further information.