Nova 46 - Professional Decibel Meter Class 2
The premium professional Class 2 Decibel Meter from the Pulsar Nova range. Buy on its own as part of a complete noise measurement kit.
All the features of the Nova 44 meter, plus
- Data Logging, Audio recording, Ln values, and Real time 1:1 octave band filters for selecting hearing protection.
- Ideal for compliant industrial, occupational & entertainment noise assessments.
Ideal for accurate occupational noise measurement
The Class 2 Pulsar Model 46 professional decibel meter is a very accurate, reliable, ‘handheld’ precision instrument ideally suited to occupational noise measurements. It can also be used in other applications including environmental noise assessments, entertainment noise measurement, machinery noise and for vehicle noise testing.
The Pulsar Nova range of high-performance decibel meters successfully combines the latest technology in noise measurement methods with ease of use and durability. Our outstanding Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ reporting software (supplied as standard), allows you to store your measurements in the large internal memory and then effortlessly transform your measurements into final report formats. The Model 46 is an ideal instrument for health and safety practitioners as it takes compliant measurements of all types of noise, meeting the standards set out in the Noise at Work Regulations. The model 46 also includes include real time 1:1 Octave band filters for the prescription of correct levels of hearing protection.
• Model 46 Class 2 SPL A, C, Z (simultaneous measurement) frequency weighting Fm, S & I (simultaneous measurement) Time weighting
The Nova Range consists of six powerful meters. Compare the different Pulsar Nova Models within the range.
- All of the features of the Pulsar Nova Class 2 Noise at work meter (Model 44) and more. Every feature listed below comes as standard:
- AnalyzerPlus data-logging software
- Manual audio record
- Audio Note
- Repeat Timer
- Single Timer
- Ln Values
- Real Time 1:1 Octave Band filter Analysis 31.5Hz to 16kHz
- Compliant with IEC 61672-1:2013
- PTB type approved
- Calibration certificate included as standard
Typical areas of applications include:
- Occupational noise assessment
- Industrial hygiene
- Environmental noise measurement
- Boundary noise measurement
- Manufacturing (machinery noise testing and maintenance)
- Vehicle noise testing
- Entertainment noise measurement
Pulsar Nova ‘AnalyzerPlus’ software package is supplied as standard with the Model 46. The instrument stores data in its memory and the software allows the user to download the measurement data onto a PC or laptop for analysis and to create a variety of reports. This software features a hearing defenders' tab for PPE equipment specification using octave band measurements including a large database of hearing protection equipment and reporting functions. Octave band analysis is the most detailed and accurate of the three methods to prescribe the correct level of hearing protection.
Pulsar Nova Accessories
The Model 46 Nova meter comes supplied with:
- 1-year warranty (extendable up to 7 years*)
- User manual
- Certificate of calibration
- 6 X AA Batteries
- Wrist strap
- AnalyzerPlus sound level meter analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable
*To qualify for the 7-year warranty, you will need to send your Pulsar Nova sound level meter back to us annually for recalibration and service whereupon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months for up to 7 years.
The Pulsar Nova meters can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement kit, containing all that is required to carry out a noise survey. In addition, a weatherproof outdoor kit is available to purchase which enables the Nova to be used for outdoor noise monitoring for mid to long-term periods for example on construction sites.
Each Model 46K (Class 2) meter measurement kit contains:
- Model 46 Nova Decibel Meter
- Model 106 (Class 2) Acoustic Calibrator
- WS90 Windshield
- K4 Hard Kit Case
- Wrist Strap
- 6 X AA batteries
- Calibration Certificates for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator, User manual
- Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ download, analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable
The Pulsar Nova range of sound level meters can be supplied with a number of input and output cables. Contact us for further information.