Assessor Integrating Sound Level Meter Models 81CA & 82CA
Models 81CA & 82CA for Affordable Hearing Protection Prescription:
Expanding on the basic models in the Assessor range, the Models 81CA and 82CA effectively combine affordable noise measurement and compliances with International Industrial Noise Directives; these models use the established HML method of calculating required hearing PPE and are the ideal noise measurement instruments for people who do not want to pay extra for an instrument with 1:1 Octave band filters
Noise Level Meter
Both the Model 81CA (Class 1) & 82CA (Class 2) Noise Level Meter is the ideal instruments for those who do not want an instrument with 1:1 Octave Band Filters when the HML method (High, Medium and Low), is an established and accepted method of calculating hearing protection requirements.
All hearing protection (PPE) should be supplied by the manufacturer with attenuation (reduction) values for each of the H, M and L values. By knowing the ‘C’ and ‘A’ weighted Leq values and the difference between them you can use either a spreadsheet or simple formula to select suitable hearing protection for your workforce.
C-A Measurement Mode
By just pressing the C-A button, the instruments will automatically switch to ‘C-A’ Measurement Mode. A Blue indicator shows that you are now measuring in C-A mode rather than the normal Broadband mode.
The noise level meter will make an Leq measurement with dB(C) weighting (LCeq) and will continue until the average level has settled. When the level has settled, the instrument will switch to dB(A) and repeat the process with ‘A’ weighting.
When this level has also settled, the instrument will display the LCeq, LAeq and in large digits the resultant LCeq – LAeq value on screen. Making this type of measurement has never been easier, as everything is done in an automatic cycle for you.
- The Model 82CA (Class 2) and 81CA (Class 1) have all the features of the Assessor 81A and 82A but with the addition of an affordable and legally compliant way of specifying hearing protection.
- Ideal for HML method of hearing protection calculation
- Hearing protection measurements have never been easier; the C-A mode ensures automatic measurement calculation
- Software upgrades available
- Non-data logging option available
- The Assessor range of sound level meters focuses on one main purpose and that is for compliance with International Industrial Noise Directives. This mindset has produced an extremely effective noise measurement tool for the busy Health & Safety Professional, Industrial Hygienist, Consultant, Manager, Supervisor, Technician or Engineer.
- Noise at work
- Industrial Hygeine
- Quick Spot Checks
The ‘Analyser’ sound analysis software package is optional with the Models 81A & 82A instruments. The units are supplied as non datalogging with the option of upgrading at a later date. Alternatively the two models can be supplied with the upgrade already fitted.
This exceptional sound analysis software Pulsar Analyzer package enables users to download quickly noise measurements to their computer and transform them into informative and professional reports.
The Pulsar Analyzer software also has a special database of hearing protectors that allows the user, at the click of a button, to have all calculations done for you automatically. A selection of hearing protection is listed and a report can be compiled.
This software is compatible with Windows 9x/Me/2000/NT/XP and Vista.
The Model 81CA & 82CA sound level meters come supplied with the following sound measurement equipment:
- 12 month warranty
- Operating manual
- Certificate of calibration
The instrument can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement kit, containing all that is required to carry out a noise survey.
Each Model 81CAK (Class 1) or 82CAK (Class 1) noise measurement kit contains:
- Model 81CA or 82CA Sound Level Meter or noise meter
- Model 105 (Class 1) or Model 106 (Class 2) Acoustic Calibrator
- WS90 Windshield
- K2 Hard Attache Case
- Wrist Strap, Batteries (2 X AA)
- Calibration Certificate for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator
- ‘Analyser’ download, analysis and reporting software and USB download cable (with upgrade versions only)
Learn more about acoustic terms and their definitions here.